Text Message Marketing Statistics
Mobile device usage has grown exponentially and has become a gigantic influence on consumer purchasing decisions. Despite these blatantly obviously facts, investment in mobile marketing accounts for less than 1% of the average business marketing budget.
Let us show you why this is a major mistake.
Mobile by Numbers
- Mobile Phones now outnumber people.
- Predictions say that by 2017 there will be 10 billion mobile connected devices.
- 54% of all phones are smartphones.
- More people own a mobile phone than own a toothbrush.
- Mobile traffic increased by 70% in 2012.
- The average teen send 3,339 text messages per month.
- 42% of teens say they can text blindfolded.
- The average person spends 14 hours per day with their cellphone within reach.
- 50% of people think it’s ok to check their phone during dinner.
- 75% of people bring their cellphones into the bathroom.
- Mobile accounts for 12% of media time consumption by the average american.